Monday, January 30, 2006
Another Sweet Offer!
Monday, January 23, 2006
In order to make sure your pal can contact you, it is very important that you check to make sure your email address is working properly. Several participants are having issues contacting their matches as email they send is bouncing back as undeliverable. Please make sure that you provided the correct email address when you signed up for Secret Pal 7, and that it is able to receive email. If you have not heard from your pal, this may be why.
If you havn't said hello to your pal yet, please make sure you do so now! If your pal sent you an email, left you a comment, etc., please send them a quick response to let them know you are aware that they have contacted you.
Keep in touch with your pals, and keep having fun!
Another Great Offer!
Saturday, January 21, 2006
Katie, over at Pink Sheep Stitchmarkers is offering free shipping on her adorable sheep stitch markers!
Susie at Perchance To Knit is offering your choice of either a 15% discount (you pay shipping) or a 10% discount (free shipping) on her gorgeous handspun yarn. Check out her post from January 18th for the details!
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
More Special Discounts!
Denise Knits! Beaded Stitch Markers - 10% discount to participants of SP7. Additional details are available on Denise's blog.
Gracie & Company - 10% discount on all wooden knitting needle orders until March 31, 2006. Note promotion code SP7disc10 with your order. Free gift wrapping available.
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Got A Match?
If you have received your pals information and haven't dropped them a note to let them know you're out there please do it now. If you've received a note from the pal who will be spoiling you please respond to let them know you got their message. We have lots of worried pals out there because they haven't heard from their spoiler/spoilee.
Have a great time playing and let us know if we can be of any help!
Wednesday, January 11, 2006
On your marks...
SP7 Questionnaires need to be posted by Friday, which is the day SP7 starts officially. Please post the questions and answers in a place on your blog that is easily accessable. Also, Secret Pal is a blog-based exchange. In order for your spoiler to pick gifts they think you will like, you need to update your blog! Try to do this at least once a week if possible, the few minutes it takes to post something, even if it's just a "not much is going on" post, will keep your pal from worrying that you've bailed on them. If you will be out of touch for a while (on vacation, or busy), please let your pal know, especially if you'll be out of e-mail contact.
And on a final note, make sure to have fun! Spoil your pals rotten, send lots of post cards, letters, cards, e-cards, and gifts! Treat your pal as you'd like to be treated, and we will have fun all around. And remember, if you need your hostesses, we are just an e-mail away!!
TheKnitter.com - 10% discount by entering SP7 at checkout. Free ground shipping on all US and Canada orders.
The KnittingZone - 10% discount by entering secretpal at checkout. Shipping is free on qualifying US orders of $50 and over. Frequent buyers club with no expiration date and no cost to join.
Purlescence - 10% discount by entering secret7 at checkout.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
Button Contest Winner
Congratulations to Sarah and thank you to everyone who took the time to create such awesome buttons for this round of Secret Pal!
EDIT: By popular demand, here are Sarah's two button contributions. And just so you know, winners are chosen in a random drawing with as many entries as buttons they submitted. We received so many creative buttons, picking by talent would be impossible! :)
Monday, January 09, 2006
I want to mention that we are now requiring that all comments have a name. If they are listed as anonymous, they will be deleted. If you have something to say, please use your name.
Saturday, January 07, 2006
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
17. What are you knitting right now?
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
22. How did you learn to knit?
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
Friday, January 06, 2006
Thursday, January 05, 2006
SP7 Odds and Ends
- Almost 25% of participants live outside the United States. In all, there are participants from over 20 different countries.
- Of those participants who live in the US, the largest number call California home. Folks in the Big Apple (NY) are fiber fanatics, too, coming in a close second.
- The runaway winner for most popular hobby: Reading. Most interesting hobby: I don't think I'll touch this one - there were so many! Share them with your pals....
- Over 75% of participants have a pet. And all kinds of animals share our homes - cats, dogs, llamas, birds, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs, bunnies, chinchillas, and even a corn snake.
All in all, we're a pretty diverse group, yet similar nonetheless. We've all come together in sharing our love for fiber arts with a soon-to-be-named new friend. We'll be posting the SP7 questionnaire soon. Although it is similar to the questionnaire for SP6, we've added some new questions, so please make sure your answers are complete. Questionnaire responses should be posted on your blog for your pal to peruse - if your blog isn't open to public viewing, you'll need to create a version that is open for this exchange. Also, please try to keep your blog current - remember, your blog is the best way for your pal to learn more about you.
Thanks for all of your enthusiasm and encouragement as we embark upon Secret Pal 7. Matchups will be coming soon, so keep an eye out for an email from us with information on your pal. We're looking forward to a great round!