Saturday, January 07, 2006

Questionnaire

Here it is folks...the moment you've probably all been waiting for. The official SP7 Questionnaire. OK, I realize it's not THE moment. :-) But it's almost as exciting as receiving your pal. Right? Right? Have fun with it and be sure to get it posted to your blog in a timely manner as your pals will be dying to find out about you. Also, please be sure to post your answers in a place where they can be easily found.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?

2. Do you spin? Crochet?

3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

17. What are you knitting right now?

18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

22. How did you learn to knit?

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

25. What is your favorite holiday?

26. Is there anything that you collect?

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

31. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

23 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Just an fyi, there is no section for allergies. I included mine, but I'd hate to kill my secret pal, or um, be killed by a wool bomb :(

4:14 PM  
Blogger Sherrill said...

All done and posted on the side of my blog under my button...
lots of fun!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shannon,

Good point - we tried to address allergies in the signups/matching process, but it probably can't hurt to mention it in your questionnaire as well!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

To make the questionnaire available more easily, I made a button and linked the questions' post up to it - all placed in the sidebar... At least that way the questions are still easily found after the post ends up in the archives.

And I included all my allergies too. Just read one post that addded allergies as Question 32....

10:25 AM  
Blogger Heide said...

Thank you gals for working to hard to set this up for all of us! It's going to be lots of fun. I'm still working on trying to set up the button link and a separate page for the answers, but in the meantime they're out on my blog.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Jae said...

Thanks for all your hard work on setting this up!!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think y'all are doing a wonderful job this time around :)

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm done my questionairre!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Maven said...

Same here!~

8:11 PM  
Blogger Carmell said...

ok someone want to help me make a button and link it to another page!!!!!
how do you make buttons?

8:30 PM  
Blogger melissaamy said...

COOL! Thanks so much for this! You hostesses rock my one day to maybe learn how to make socks!

I filled mine out, posted it, linkedit to my sidebar under SP7 and will try to keep my updates goign.

I also already got an e card from my pal and sent on to my pal.

I will be writing her a letter asap and cannto wait to read what she posts in her answers as well so I can get a move on making her boxes.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to the listmoms for the new questionnaire. A big improvement over the old. (Happily, it would seem that people with allergies are taking the initiative.)

Looking forward to getting my pal!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Knitty Cat said...

When is the latest date we will be assigned pals?

12:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made a button for the questionairre. Anyone who wants to use it is welcome to it. It's on my sidebar.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

All pal matches should be out by this friday (the 13th). My group's matches have all been sent out, and I know the other hostesses are all working hard on getting theirs done. Being sick sure gives you a lot of down time to work on the computer!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Nic said...

OT - One of the times I was linking around I stumbled acrossed a blog that had a Noro sweater. It was done in blues and the top was diagnal looking and then straight from the breast down (empire waist?) I want to say it's a Rowan pattern... but no clue.

Has anyone come across this blog too? I have gone through my browser history but can't find it.

HELP! Has anyone seen my future sweater??

10:45 AM  
Blogger me, Mavis said...

WOW! I'm glad I remembered to come and check this posting -- didn't know about the questionnaire until just this instant. I'll get working on it ... I'm very excited to be a part of SP7!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey Polly, did you mean the sweater I'm working on?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Hey Laura- That is EXACTLY the sweater I was looking for. THANKS!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

My pal's matches have been sent out as well and I believe all/most of the hostesses were going to address the allergy question, either ya/na to allergies and what your allergies are if any. Hope everyone enjoys this round of SP7.

3:49 PM  
Blogger ICJ said...

My questionnaire is also in the sidebar of my Blog along with my wishlist.

It is my first Secret Pal experience and I am very excited!

Thanks to all of you working so hard to make this thing happens!

Isabelle :))

9:16 PM  
Blogger mamaloo said...

POSTING THE QUESTIONAIRRE AS A SIDEBAR LINK:

If you want to post a link on your sidebar, merely post your questionnaire in your blog as a normal post, then get the permalink address for the entry, go back into your template and merely make a link with that post address, calling it **SP7 Questionnaire** or something you feel is appropriate.

You could alternately take your SP7 button, which you have in your sidebar and enclose the {img src} tag inside an {a href} tag. This will make your button a link to your questionnaire.

Again, alternately, if you'd like to keep your SP7 button linking the the SP7 homepage, perhaps you could put a text link in just below the button.

9:15 AM  
Blogger tangelled angel said...

Im disappointed that I didn't get my blog up and running in time for the SP7, but will be keeping an eye out for SP8!

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home