Thursday, January 05, 2006

SP7 Odds and Ends

Well folks, looks like signups for SP7 are complete!! Just thought I'd toss out some totally trivial facts about our group:
  1. Almost 25% of participants live outside the United States. In all, there are participants from over 20 different countries.
  2. Of those participants who live in the US, the largest number call California home. Folks in the Big Apple (NY) are fiber fanatics, too, coming in a close second.
  3. The runaway winner for most popular hobby: Reading. Most interesting hobby: I don't think I'll touch this one - there were so many! Share them with your pals....
  4. Over 75% of participants have a pet. And all kinds of animals share our homes - cats, dogs, llamas, birds, mice, hamsters, guinea pigs, bunnies, chinchillas, and even a corn snake.

All in all, we're a pretty diverse group, yet similar nonetheless. We've all come together in sharing our love for fiber arts with a soon-to-be-named new friend. We'll be posting the SP7 questionnaire soon. Although it is similar to the questionnaire for SP6, we've added some new questions, so please make sure your answers are complete. Questionnaire responses should be posted on your blog for your pal to peruse - if your blog isn't open to public viewing, you'll need to create a version that is open for this exchange. Also, please try to keep your blog current - remember, your blog is the best way for your pal to learn more about you.

Thanks for all of your enthusiasm and encouragement as we embark upon Secret Pal 7. Matchups will be coming soon, so keep an eye out for an email from us with information on your pal. We're looking forward to a great round!

Heather

21 Comments:

Blogger ~Silvia~ said...

This will be my first SP and I am realy looking forward to it. I would just like to say thank you to all the hostesses for doing this and the hard work they put into this

3:28 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

I echo Silvia!!! This is my first "big" SP -- I did a local one (organized by luvs2knit) and had a blast doing it. I'm excited!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm excited too. First time ever doing something like this :)

5:07 AM  
Blogger Elsa said...

I'm one of the many first-timers :) Gave me a good motivation turning my blog into a multilingula on :P
It has brought a lot of excitement in different lists and forums already and I also can't wait for the start! The hostesses have done a great job already keeping as all so well informed. Keep it up! :)

6:32 AM  
Blogger stephlys said...

Thanks so much. Can you publish a feed from this site so I can view it on Bloglines?

6:51 AM  
Blogger LotusKnits said...

I'm another first-timer!

Thanks so much for organizing this! I look forward to the fun!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hey, Stephlys! I'm a bit of a newbie at the RSS stuff, but our site supposedly feeds at http://secretpalseven.blogspot.com/atom.xml

9:55 AM  
Blogger stephlys said...

Erin, thanks! It definitely does feed there and now I can read it via Bloglines so I don't miss a minute. This is my first SecretPal and I can't wait!

11:30 AM  
Blogger YarnB said...

Is there any way I can still join? PLEASE PLEASE! I just now read Heather's post on Stitch N Bitch Phoenix! Please let me know!!!! I will look for another way to contact you too...

12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is my first SP and i'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Liia Tammes said...

I'm alos first-timer. And I am glad that I found it from one of my interenet friends blog. Now I can learn to write english and I hav a reason to turn my blog into a multilingual blog :) Thanks

11:22 PM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

how many participants do we have?? I'm too lazy to count. :-P

4:38 AM  
Blogger Cheryl:) said...

I had a great SP6...and am hoping to have a great SP7 as well!!!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

I think the total count is 535! :)

6:56 AM  
Blogger Yvonne said...

holy smokes!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man! I missed it by 2 days this time! I've been trying to join a secret pal since number 4, but always find out about it too late. Oh well, maybe next time :)
Jen

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharon, the 20 participant countries are: US, Canada, Australia, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Nova Scotia, Portugal, Scotland, Singapore, Sweden, and Taiwan.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Stickchicky said...

Can't wait! Can't wait! I'm a first timer too. PS: (Nova Scotia is part of Canada)just a silly slip I'm sure. Thankyou to all of you who are working so hard to put all of this together.
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c190/stickchicky/avt_sarah_braund_medium.jpg

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, stickchicky - Make that 19 countries :-)

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CRAP! I forgot to join up, can I still do so? Is there anyone who's the odd man out and needs a partner? :(

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been trying to find an SP to join forever... an dof course, again, I've found one ... too late??? Can I still join?

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home