Wednesday, January 11, 2006

On your marks...

So we're just about to get started with Secret Pal 7! Before we begin, I want to make sure everyone re-reads the rules and makes sure they are still committed to the exchange. If you decide that you would like to withdraw from SP7, contact your hostess immediately so we can substitute in an angel for you. The sooner we find out, the better- and you don't need to give a reason unless you'd like to. If you decide to bail and don't inform your hostess, you will be blacklisted- which means you cannot participate in ANY exchange now that there is a Universal Banned list (that means Knitters Review SP, and Scarf Exchanges and the like all have the same list).

SP7 Questionnaires need to be posted by Friday, which is the day SP7 starts officially. Please post the questions and answers in a place on your blog that is easily accessable. Also, Secret Pal is a blog-based exchange. In order for your spoiler to pick gifts they think you will like, you need to update your blog! Try to do this at least once a week if possible, the few minutes it takes to post something, even if it's just a "not much is going on" post, will keep your pal from worrying that you've bailed on them. If you will be out of touch for a while (on vacation, or busy), please let your pal know, especially if you'll be out of e-mail contact.

And on a final note, make sure to have fun! Spoil your pals rotten, send lots of post cards, letters, cards, e-cards, and gifts! Treat your pal as you'd like to be treated, and we will have fun all around. And remember, if you need your hostesses, we are just an e-mail away!!

20 Comments:

Blogger bethanie said...

Have the matches all been sent out

6:40 AM  
Blogger Tonni said...

is it too late to sign up for this?

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethanie, not all of the matches have been sent out yet. If you don't have your match by tomorrow morning, please let us know.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tonni, it is too late to sign up for this, but we have started an "angel" list for people who'd be willing to step in if someone has to back out of the exchange once it's started. If you are interested, please send in your signup info with "Angel" in the subject line. Thanks.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-( no pal news for me yet either way - hope I haven't been forgotten. Should I be worried yet?! I'm dying to find out who I'm spoiling so I can start deciding what scrummy things to get/make etc!

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No pal for me yet either.

5:20 AM  
Blogger KnitYoga said...

Me, too. I've not yet heard any details of the person I'm to spoil or my spoiler but I expect (hope) we will hear soon. :-)

6:33 AM  
Blogger Shelby said...

No need to worry ladies,

If for some reason you got left out of the final clusters it would have been my fault, since I sorted and grouped everyone. If this happened, I will make sure you still get pals. It just may take an extra day.

Shelby

7:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i've been DYING to participate in a secret pal thing forEVER but never know when they're starting or who to contact...

i'd like to sign up as an "angel" ... who shall i send my info (and what info is required)?

many thanks.

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew - thanks Shelby - I'm sure it's a tricky business. I did start getting a wee bit paranoid when I hadn't heard anything today :-(

10:47 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

What timezone are the hostesses in? I haven't got a pal yet and it's nearly the end of the 13th for me, but suspect that there's still a while to go yet over on the other side of the Atlantic!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Hi Daisy! Check your anonymous email address you used when you signed up as well as your spam folder. I sent all matches out yesterday to your anonymous accounts. If you don't have it let me know and I'll send it again. kerrycrone at adelphia dot net

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing in my anonymous e-mail account either. I'll panic next week.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hiya - I figure I too am too late for this but can you put me 'on the list' for the next one?

thanks!
:)

3:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, I have heard from my secret pal, but I haven't gotten someone to spoil yet. I'm eager to start the fun.

Thanks! Lisa

7:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just checked my anonymous email and my spam folders--I haven't heard anything about my secret pal yet (the one I'm spoiling).

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got home from a nice little stash enhancement trip - but no pal news for me yet :-(

8:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I don't have any news about my SP either, and I heard from my SP on Thursday!

Lisa

3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, we're tracking down your match...hopefully we'll get back to you with it very soon. Thanks for your patience!

11:59 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm another one who always finds out about these things too late! So if there's a "next time" list, I'd love to be on it.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home